Neta's Company Blog will also feature these entries.
Get details and attend the Facebook event here!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 7: The weekend!

I slept in today while the others went to yoga, then met up with them in Harlem at Our Children. Getting there on my own was the first time I've traveled by myself, and I'm feeling much more confident about getting around. I used Hop Stop to plan my route, and I'm recognizing the stops on the way to the usual places- but when I got off at the planned stop, I went the wrong way. New York is cool in that, by going the wrong way I still found something interesting: now I have a photo in front of the Apollo Theater! I texted Google for directions from the nearest address to my destination, and headed the other way for an hour of dance with the kids. They remembered their small group choreography, and we combined it into a larger piece with some combinations for the whole ensemble together.














After this, the housemates and I headed downtown to ride the Staten Island Ferry, which was cold and windy, but a neat thing to do. We saw the Statue of Liberty on the way. Then we went back north to Soho to see what deals we could find at H&M. I like looking at clothes as much as buying them, so I narrowed my purchase down to a top with some pretty details. This is the first night we got back to the house while it was still daylight! We're relaxing at the house for the evening- tomorrow we'll see some museums and walk Central Park if it doesn't rain too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment