Neta's Company Blog will also feature these entries.
Get details and attend the Facebook event here!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 19: Show #2

This morning I went to the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens, with a stop in the lobby of the Brooklyn Museum- I enjoyed both! The museum lobby had quite a few Rodin sculptures and a few others, which I really enjoyed looking at. I really like the raw textures of Rodin's beautiful human forms. And at the gardens I caught a few seasonal varieties of flower still open, as well as many longer-blooming gardens full of breathtaking colors, shapes, and textures. I took lots of photos, and I'll be adding photos from the whole last week at some point here... I wandered the garden for several hours to see most of the different areas, from greenhouses of bonsai trees, to a classical Italian garden, native plants, lily ponds, and a rose garden. Tomorrow I think I'll visit the Brooklyn Bridge and a legendary pizza place there as my last sightseeing of this trip!

Today was our second show, with call to the theater at 5:30. Although we had a smaller audience than opening night, I think it lets us look forward to seeing this show through a great run for the rest of the weekend! The audience responded well- I enjoyed at the beginning when I got to interact with some individuals by playing with how I responded when they gave me sculpture garden coins. When a coin occasionally rolls out of my hand, I take just inhale some and wait for them to get the hint that I want them to give me the coin properly, which they oblige. When I exchanged places with an audience member at the end of this section, his family noted with amusement that I'd taken his seat while he posed with my bucket. As a whole we performed well, and while I personally don't feel that it was as good as last night's show for me I'm looking forward to bringing that energy back again tomorrow!

The New York Times article on us was featured today, too!!
With "choreographic kaleidoscopes that shift from raucous to meditative.... Ms. Pulvermacher proves that there’s more to plastic than you think."

No comments:

Post a Comment